Each fall, CERIC recruits energetic, enthusiastic and committed volunteers to assist with the on-site execution of the Cannexus conference from January 26-29.
Deadline to submit application: Friday, November 29, 2019.
- Gain valuable volunteer experience. Whether you are interested in event planning or career development, volunteering at Cannexus will give you ample volunteer experience
- Connect with over 1,200 professionals from the career development, education, community, government and the private sector
- Expand your knowledge of career development and best practices from across Canada
- Network and attend sessions when not volunteering
Who Should Volunteer?
- Students who require volunteer service hours
- Event management students seeking hands-on event experience
- Newcomers seeking Canadian volunteer experience
- Anyone exploring career development as a career path
- It is preferable that volunteers are from the Ottawa area. If you are not from the Ottawa area, CERIC cannot assist with funds related to travel, accommodations or out-of-pocket expenses.
- Volunteers must be available for 2 full conference days. You will be scheduled for one 7-hour shift per day, based on your availability.
- Volunteers will be asked to attend a volunteer orientation either on Saturday, January 25 or Sunday, January 26.
Morning: 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
Afternoon: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Registration Desk
- Plenary Session, Concurrent Session, Speaker Support
- Bag Stuffing
- Floater/Exhibitor Support
- Set up & Tear down
Have questions? Contact Sandra Francescon at email@example.com.