Located in Eastern Ontario, Ottawa is Canada’s national capital. Ottawa is home to historic architecture, scenic parks and Canadian culture. In the winter, the city transforms into a snow-covered wonderland that includes the world’s longest skating rink.
Ottawa is Canada’s 4th largest city and comes with activities for every interest group:
- Visit the ByWard Market, one of Canada’s oldest and largest public markets.
- Looking for shopping? Check out the Rideau Centre.
- Foodies can find Canadian staples in Ottawa – grab a poutine and then have a BeaverTail for dessert! Or eat at one of Ottawa’s best new restaurants.
- Outdoor adventurers will enjoy skating on the Rideau Canal or skiing – right in the heart of Ottawa!
- Interested in learning about Canada? Visit one of the city’s many museums, such as the Canadian War Museum or the Canadian Museum of History, or take a tour of Parliament Hill.
- Hockey fans can see Canada’s game played in the nation’s capital – find out when the Ottawa Senators are playing.
Want to know more about Ottawa? Visit the Ottawa Tourism website and see what else the city has to offer.