Early Bird rates with both 3-day ($550) and 1-day ($275) options are available until Wednesday November 6 (11:59 pm ET). This is just over one week away! Take advantage of additional discounts for members of 36 supporting organizations, students and groups of 5 or more.
Don’t forget to add a pre-conference workshop when you register!
After November 6, Regular rates apply. Don’t miss out, register today!
Cannexus offers unmatched learning and networking opportunities. Check out just a few of the featured activities at Cannexus20.
World Cafe (New for Cannexus20) is a structured conversational process based on small group discussions and crowdsourcing that taps into our collective intelligence. Entitled “Youth Empowerment A Journey of Learning and Discovery,” sponsored by RBC Future Launch, the World Cafe will take place on Tuesday morning in the Plenary.
The First Timer’s Session is designed to help new delegates understand what to expect during the conference and how to make the most of their experience. The session takes place on Sunday at 4 pm. You’ll get an overview of Cannexus, participate in an ice-breaker and meet other delegates.
Student Posters are set up around the Exhibit Hall by master’s and PhD students in career development during Monday’s lunch. View the posters, learn about new research and ask questions of the students.
Ever wonder what all the conference jargon means? The Cannexus Glossary can help.
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are almost sold out!
- Sponsor the Welcome Reception on Monday evening and get a chance to speak from the podium during the Monday Lunch
- Sponsor Zita Cobb’s Opening Keynote address and get the opportunity to address the whole plenary audience
- Support the attendance of non-profits to participate in the Mental Health Zone and bring awareness to their programs
- Provide refreshments to energize delegates while they network with colleagues by sponsoring a Networking Break
- A handful of spots are left in the Exhibitor Showcase. Register today before we sell out!
Sign up for Delegate Duos: Mentorship Program
A new offering at the conference, Delegate Duos is designed to help support first timers and pair them with a veteran Cannexus attendee in a no-pressure way.
For past attendees:
Refine your mentorship skills and share your knowledge in a one-on-one setting! You can help a first-time colleague have a more fulfilling conference experience.
For first timers:
Be paired with an experienced attendee who will give you the insider’s perspective on Cannexus. You’ll arrive at the conference already knowing someone!
You must register for Cannexus in order to sign up for Delegate Duos. On the registration form, indicate “yes” to your interest in the mentorship program.
Once you register, you will receive an email and will be asked to complete a short survey. In order to sign up for the program, you must register for the conference and complete the survey by November 25, 2019.
If you have already registered for the conference but would now like to participate in Delegate Duos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially looking for Cannexus veterans to pair with first timers who have already expressed interest.
Present a poster at Cannexus
Student Posters are set up around the Exhibit Hall by master’s and PhD students in career development during Monday’s lunch.
Presenting a poster is a great way to share your research and get feedback from career development professionals.
If you’re a student interested in presenting a poster, contact Sandra Francescon at email@example.com.
Exhibitor Showcase & Zones
Cannexus features a popular Exhibitor Showcase of organizations that offer programs, products and services of interest to career development professionals. Take a look at our nearly 40 exhibitors at Cannexus20 and see how they can support you in your work!
Zones are tabletop displays in the main foyer intended to raise delegate awareness around a particular theme. The themes of this year’s Zones are Reconciliation,Social Enterprise and Mental Health. Make sure to visit the Cannexus20 Zone participants at the conference this year!
Experience Cannexus as a volunteer. Sign up today!
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Connect with a critical mass of professionals from the career development field
- Expand your knowledge of career development best practices
- Network and attend sessions when not volunteering
What to expect at Cannexus20, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference
Join 1,200 of your colleagues – educators, community service providers, employers, private practitioners and policymakers – to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in career counselling and workforce development.
- Inform and invigorate yourself with engaging keynotes from Zita Cobb, Tristram Hooley & Natan Obed
- Enhance your experience with skill-building pre-conference workshops
- Choose from more than 150 education sessions, including informal and interactive Carousels
- Learn about the history of Indigenous peoples in Canada with the powerful KAIROS Blanket Exercise
- Be inspired to think differently with TED-style talks at our Spark! Luncheon
“Cannexus is an unparalleled opportunity to learn new concepts and practices you can apply back at the office, as well as connect with members of your network in a different environment providing new conversations.”
Kate Yee, Career Consultant, University of Manitoba, MB
A special thank you to…