Register between now and Monday, December 2 (11:59 pm ET) and receive $50 off the Regular 3-Day registration price of $600! Choose the Black Friday ticket type when you check out to receive this special promotion.
Note: The Black Friday promotion only applies to the Regular 3-Day registration category and does not apply to the Group, Student, Presenter or Supporting Organization rates.
Just added! Check out these new sessions
New Mega session announced!
This Mega session will focus on two inspirational stories of youth-led grassroots organizations that saw gaps in service and decided to make a difference – so that every young person can confidently pursue their aspirations for the future.
Join Tamer Ibrahim and Gabrielle Fayant as they tell the stories of UforChange and Assembly of Seven Generations (A7G).
Final Spark! speaker confirmed: Laëtitia Damonsing
Laëtitia Damonsing is a young Mauritian-Canadian, born and raised in Montreal. She is a social activist and youth advocate. Over the past four years, she has lived in Rio de Janeiro volunteering in marginalized communities, moved to Paris, and completed a Working-Holiday visa in Australia. As of October 2019, she has been nominated as a Youth Ambassador for International Experience Canada (IEC).
PANEL: Disruptors: Activating Growth Potential in Rural Communities
This special panel will focus on the economic realities that Canada’s rural communities are dealing with today, but also the untapped potential for growth. Zita Cobb joins this panel taking place after her Monday keynote.
- Madelaine Currelly (moderator), CEO, Community Training and Development Centre (CTDC)
- Zita Cobb, Founder & CEO, Fogo Island Inn and Shorefast Foundation
- Dan Borowec, Director, Economic Development-Planning-Strategic Initiatives Northumberland County
- Robin Jones, Mayor of the Village of Westport, Director at ROMA
Workforce Development Spotlight
Learn the results! CERIC 2019 Survey of Career Service Professionals
Be among the first to get a look at the survey findings in the CERIC 2019 Survey of Career Service Professionals: Who We Are and Where We’re Going session taking place the Wednesday morning of Cannexus!
This national survey, now in its third iteration, is engaging career service professionals from across Canada on their perspectives of their own career journey as well as the field of career development and career counselling.
Complete the survey now and be counted! The deadline is Friday, November 29.
Cannexus20: Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s)
Looking for CEC’s to keep up your professional designation? Cannexus20 has received pre-accreditation from the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) and Vocational Rehabilitation Association (VRA) Canada for both the conference and pre-conference workshops. Visit the Check-in desk at Cannexus to pick up the forms, or email email@example.com after the conference.
Letter of Attendance: If you are a member of another association and require a letter of attendance, email firstname.lastname@example.org after the conference and we’d be happy to provide you with one.
Register for a pre-conference workshop today
Join us for a dedicated day of skill-building workshops on the Sunday before Cannexus. You’ll get high-quality time with the experts in a small group setting.
- Tristram Hooley, The Careers & Enterprise Company – Career Development for Social Justice: Developing Emancipatory Practice
- Rosie Parnass, Parnass Consulting and Coaching Services – Maintaining a Healthy Work/Life Balance – YES It Is Possible
- Norman Amundson, University of British Columbia & Andrea Fruhling, Career/Leadership Coach – Career Development Creative Lab – Come Stretch Your Imagination
- Seanna Quressette, Douglas College – Trauma-Informed Career Development: Concrete Strategies & Tangible Tools
Take one or bundle two together to maximize your learning. Space is limited, so register soon!
Last Call for Volunteers!
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Connect with a critical mass of professionals from the career development field
- Expand your knowledge of career development best practices
- Network and attend sessions when not volunteering
What to expect at Cannexus20, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference
Join 1,200 of your colleagues – educators, community service providers, employers, private practitioners and policymakers – to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in career counselling and workforce development.
- Inform and invigorate yourself with engaging keynotes from Zita Cobb, Tristram Hooley & Natan Obed
- Enhance your experience with skill-building pre-conference workshops
- Choose from more than 150 education sessions, including informal and interactive Carousels
- Learn about the history of Indigenous peoples in Canada with the powerful KAIROS Blanket Exercise
- Be inspired to think differently with TED-style talks at our Spark! Luncheon
“As a career practitioner I always get a lot of great professional development information at this conference. I also like connecting with practitioners from across the country and finding out what is new in our field.”
Ann Nakaska, Career Consultant, Constructive Career and Life Designs, AB
A special thank you to…
University Affairs is a Cannexus20 Media Partner. University Affairs is Canada’s most authoritative source of information for Canada’s university community. It is also the largest source of career ads for people seeking academic positions in Canada. Our digital edition is available to anyone as a free subscription. Subscribe today!