CERIC invites individuals or organizations with an interest in presenting at Cannexus20 to submit a brief outline for consideration using the Proposal Form and encourages them to inform colleagues or students of this opportunity.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET
Presenting at Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference, provides you with an unmatched opportunity to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career and workforce development. You will gain recognition as an expert and leader in the field at the conference and beyond. We expect over 1,200 participants from across Canada and internationally.
Cannexus presenters are researchers and practitioners from universities, schools, community agencies, governments, private practices and corporations. They are professionals in career development and related fields who are forward-thinkers with fresh and impactful ideas and projects to share.
Types of sessions
Presentations are 30, 50/60 or 75 minutes in length.
The 30-minute presentations are part of a Carousel. Carousel sessions are a great way to share knowledge in a less formal setting. Presenters speak for 30 minutes at an interactive round table, then delegates rotate to another table of their choice. Presenters deliver their 30-minute presentation twice within a 75-minute block. Carousels can accommodate up to 15 attendees per table.
Panels offer presenters the opportunity to showcase a variety of different points of view on a specific topic area. Panels typically consist of a moderator and 3-4 panellists.
Areas of interest
CERIC has identified areas of interest to assist presenters in targeting the content of their sessions. These are examples only; other ideas and suggestions are welcome.
- Effective Career Counselling/Coaching Techniques
- New Technology/Tools/Trends
- Current Research, Theory & Methodology
- Self-Care for Career Professionals
- Employment/Training Programs (Community, Government, Industry)
- Youth Career Development
- Entrepreneurship & Self-Employment
- Indigenous Career Development
- Clients with Disabilities
- Newcomer and Refugee Communities
- Career Education K-12/Post-Secondary
- Employee Recruitment & Engagement
- Labour Market Information
- Workforce Planning & Development
- Career Development for Mature Workers
- Leadership & Management Issues for Career/Employment Centre Directors
- Discounted non-profit rate
- When you become an exhibitor for Cannexus20, you will receive a special on-site offer for Cannexus21
- Welcome Reception sponsorship opportunity
- World Cafè sponsorship opportunity
- Lounge sponsorship opportunity
“Cannexus is a great opportunity to experience a wide variety of high-quality professional development sessions with practitioners and leaders in the career development field.”
David Glickman, Counsellor, Algonquin College