Resolve to invest in your own career development in 2019!
Be where more than 1,000 of your peers will be Jan. 28 to 30 – at the Cannexus conference!
In the new year, you know that changes in the world of work will only accelerate. Now is the time to commit to learning about key trends and updating the skills you need to serve your students, clients or employers. Attend Cannexus, Canada’s National Career Development Conference, to prepare & energize yourself to meet the demands ahead.
Final conference programme now online!
- 1 Workforce Development Spotlight with leading experts
- 3 outstanding keynotes who will inform and invigorate you
- 5 TED Talks-inspired Spark! talks to help “spark” you to think differently
- 5 optional skills-building pre-conference workshops
- 5 Mega sessions plus the transformational KAIROS Blanket Exercise
- 48 exhibitors showcasing their programs and services plus 2 zones
- 150+ concurrent sessions on current and emerging issues
It’s not too late to add a pre-conference workshop
Roll up your sleeves and join us for an in-depth half-day workshop on:
- Unconscious Bias: Understand, Define, Mitigate [Elaine Newman]
- Engaging Employers to Increase Hiring on Your Campus [Graham Donald]
- Building Insights and Confidence for Career Development Professionals Using LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® [Kristen Klassen]
- Use the Power of Stories to Find Gigs! [Rob Straby]
- Helping Indigenous Talent Tap into Their Potential [Trina Maher]
Take one or bundle two together to maximize your learning.
Career Theories and Models at Work to launch at Cannexus
CERIC is publishing an edited international collection of contemporary and emerging career development theories and models from 60 leading career researchers and practitioners. The book,Career Theories and Models at Work: Ideas for Practice, is edited by Dr Nancy Arthur (University of Calgary), Dr Roberta Neault (Life Strategies) and Dr Mary McMahon (The University of Queensland, Australia) and is expected to inform the practice of career development professionals around the globe.
New! RBC Future Launch panel
A new panel, Preparing Youth to Thrive in an Age of Disruption, has just been announced for the Wednesday morning of Cannexus.
- (Moderator) Madeleine Barker, Senior Director, Strategic Workforce Initiatives, RBC
- Jocelyne Voisin, Director General of Youth and Skills Innovation, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Shaun Thorson, CEO, Skills Canada
- Jan Basso, Assistant Vice-President, Experiential Learning & Career Development, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Sareena Hopkins, Executive Director, Canadian Career Development Foundation
Each year I attend the Cannexus conference, I am blown away by the people, the presentations and the shared learning. It is a chance for career professionals from coast to coast to come together and share their expertise with one another.
– Maureen McCann, Owner, Promotion Career Solutions & Career Coach