Workforce Development Spotlight returns to the podium!
New and innovative approaches are being developed and piloted around workforce development and sector strategies. An expanded Cannexus Workforce Development Spotlight will showcase these initiatives throughout the conference and include panel discussions with leading experts, pulling from jurisdictions across Canada. These impressive speakers will provide diverse perspectives on workforce and community development.
Panel sessions include:
- Demographic Shifts, Big Data and Predictive Models
- Micro-Training in an Age of Macro-Disruption
- Community Collaboration for a Thriving Workforce, sponsored by Vancity
Get into the Zone at Cannexus!
Zones are back to raise awareness of key issues
Taking place Monday, January 28 and Tuesday, January 29, themed “zones” return to Cannexus19! Highlighting a particular sector or initiative, these zones provide a cost-effective way for organizations to showcase their programs and services.
This year’s zones include:
- Reconciliation Zone, sponsored by Laidlaw Foundation
- Social Enterprise Career Marketplace, sponsored Anonymously in collaboration with the Centre for Social Enterprise Development (CSED)
The Marketplace Zone consists of vendors selling wares from their social enterprises, so plan to do some shopping while at Cannexus and support skills development!
Looking for Continuing Education Credits?
By attending Cannexus, you can obtain CECs for a range of professional designations
Associations providing pre-approval include the Vocational Rehabilitation Association (VRA) Canada and the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA), but many other organizations will approve them upon your request. Inquire with your association.
New to Cannexus? We’ve got you covered!
Stop by the First-Timer’s Session to meet colleagues and learn how to make the most of your conference
First time at Cannexus? Then this session – held Sunday, January 27 at 4:00 pm – is for you! You’ll have the chance to get an overview of Cannexus, participate in an ice-breaker networking activity and meet other delegates!
Download the Cannexus19 Mobile App!
Our popular conference app is back to help you plan your schedule, interact with other participants through a dedicated Cannexus social network, stay up-to-date on conference news and more!
This was my first time at Cannexus and I really enjoyed it. It was one of the best conferences and PD experiences I’ve had in my career.Jo Krisko, Manager, Student Success Centre, Lakehead University, ON
What can you expect at Cannexus19?
- 3 outstanding keynotes who will inform and invigorate you
- 5 Ted Talks-inspired Spark! talks to help “spark” you to think differently
- 5 optional skills-building pre-conference workshops
- 14 Mega presenters across 6 sessions, including a NEWLY ADDED Youth Engagement Panel and interactive KAIROS Blanket Exercise
- 45 exhibitors showcasing their programs and services
- 150+ concurrent sessions on current and emerging issues
Watch for regular updates with new sessions and activities to be announced!