The Cannexus19 National Career Development Conference preliminary programme is now available online and features 130+ education sessions. Discuss trending topics in career counselling and career development, learn from trailblazers in the field, and shift your paradigm.
Just a few of the sessions to discover at Cannexus19:
- Engaging the Online Generation by Gamifying Career Development
- Our Career Practitioner Role in Mental Health Interventions
- Indigenous Engagement & Economic Inclusion
- When Career Development Meets Curriculum
- Work-Integrated Learning: Exploring Challenges & Solutions
- Innovative Approaches to Supporting Newcomer Jobseekers
- Labour Market Trends and Employer Expectations
Get more out of Cannexus19: Register for a pre-conference workshop!
With amazing workshops to choose from, arrive one day early and extend your learning!
Cannexus19 features a roster of optional skill-building workshops. This is your chance to take a deep dive on the most in-demand topics with the foremost experts. Pre-conference workshops take place on Sunday, January 27, 2019.
Meet the pre-conference presenters and learn more about their topics:
- Elaine Newman, Founder & CEO, Global Learning – Unconscious Bias
- Graham Donald, Brainstorm Strategy Group – Employer Engagement
- Rob Straby, Co-ordinator & Professor, Career Development Professional Program, Conestoga College – Use the Power of Stories to Find Gigs!
- Kristen Klassen, PhD, Founder, Brickstorming – Lego Serious Play
- Trina Maher, Chief Creative Spirit, Bridging Concepts – Indigenous Talent
Bundle two of these half-day workshops to save! But register soon as space is limited.
Call for Volunteers
Interested in volunteering with us in January? CERIC is now accepting applications from Ottawa-based volunteers. Join us at Cannexus19 and be part of the energy alongside a tremendous team on-site!
Submit your online application by Friday, November 2, 2018. Visit the volunteers page on the Cannexus website for more information.
*Note: CERIC does not cover any expenses related to hotel or travel.
Early Bird Rate expires Nov. 7
Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference continues to offer savings through the Early Bird rates, with both 3-day ($500) and 1-day ($290) options! Take advantage of these special rates for members of 29 supporting organizations, presenters, students and groups while they are still available.
The Early Bird deadline is Wednesday, November 7, 2018 so register now to save up to 19%!
Top-notch learning and networking experience…unparalleled. By far the best use of our staff development dollars! Highly recommend the Cannexus experience to my colleagues in the field of training, employment, skills development and career services!Randy Lindsay, Executive Director, FutureWorx Society, NS
What can you expect at Cannexus19?
- 3 outstanding keynotes who will inform and invigorate you
- 4 Ted Talks-inspired Spark! talks to help “spark” you to think differently
- 5 optional skills-building pre-conference workshops
- 10 Mega presenters (over 4 sessions) on highly pertinent topics
- 35 exhibitors showcasing their programs and services
- 130+ concurrent sessions on current and emerging issues