The Cannexus18 National Career Development Conference preliminary programme is now available online and features 150+ education sessions. Discuss trending topics in career counselling and career development, learn from trailblazers in the field, and shift your paradigm.
Just “some” of the topics to choose from at Cannexus18:
- Recruiting, Retaining and Engaging Individuals with Mental Illness
- Ethical Practice in the Gig Economy
- Showcasing Provincial Successes in Workforce Development
- Indigenous Engagement & Economic Inclusion
- Infusing Career-Relevant Learning Throughout Post-Secondary
- Mature Workers Uncover the “Hidden Job Market”
Early Bird Rate expires Nov.1
Register now and save $75 off the Regular rate
Join us as a delegate and register by Wednesday, November 1, 11:59 pm ET for the best rate. Take advantage of special pricing for members of supporting organizations, students and groups. Both 3-day ($500) and 1-day ($250) packages are available.
Call for Volunteers
In the Ottawa area? Interested in volunteering at Cannexus18? Now accepting applications!
Apply to be a volunteer at Cannexus and be a part of our extended team while on-site! Submit your online application by Friday, November 3, 11:59 pm ET. Visit the volunteers page on the Cannexus website, for more information.
*Note: CERIC does not cover any expenses related to hotel or travel.
Have you registered for a pre-conference workshop? Arrive early and extend your learning
We are pleased to announce this year’s expanded roster of optional pre-conference workshops, each providing in-depth professional development. Workshops take place on Sunday, January 21, 2018. Choose among the following…
- Understanding and Applying the Sacred Algonquin Teachings of the Healing Circle & Wellness Wheel, Annie Smith St-Georges, Algonquin Elder
- Not-for-Profit Finance for the Non-Finance Manager: Bootcamp Edition, Betty Ferreira, Restructure Consulting
- Deconstructing Clients’ Career Anxiety by Creating Positive Narratives & Co-Constructed Plans, Sonny Wong, Career Counsellor, Designated Professional Counsellor, Ryerson University
- Employability as a Strategy for Seeking Meaningful Employment, Jeff Landine, University of New Brunswick
- Transforming Leadership Skills and HR Strategies that Increase Employee Engagement and Get Results!, Ken Keis, Consulting Resource Group
- Strategic Résumés for Challenging Clients – Real-World Résumé Strategy! Sharon Graham & Wayne Pagani, Career Professionals of Canda
- Empowering the Employment Sector to Serve Youth with Mental Health Issues, Marysia Parry, Youth Employment Services Toronto
The cost of a half-day workshop is $165 and full-day is $295. Or bundle a morning and afternoon workshop for the full-day price. Seats are limited, so register early!
The Westin Hotel is completely sold out! Book now at Novotel and Les Suites while you can
Group rates are still available at the Novotel ($170/night) and Les Suite ($175/night) hotels, but they are now 50% sold. Don’t miss out! Book now while rooms are still available. Click on the link below to reserve your room, while supplies last.
Still need to arrange your travel to Cannexus18? Discount codes for air & train transportation available.
“Perfect mix of excellent concurrent sessions, engaging keynotes and time to network.”
Nova Scotia Community College
Plus! Check out the latest issue of Canadian School Counsellor magazine, our Cannexus18 Media Partner. This great online resource is available for FREE to Canadian career counselling professionals!