On Your Mark! Get Set, Register!
Registration for Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference is now open with both 3-day ($450) and 1-day ($225) packages available! Take advantage of special rates for presenters, members of supporting organizations, students and groups. Super Saver deadline is September 6, 2017.
Pre-conference speakers announced! Add a pre-conference workshop to extend your learning
We are pleased to announce this year’s expanded roster of optional pre-conference workshops, each providing in-depth professional development. Workshops take place on Sunday, January 21, 2018. Choose among the following…
- Understanding and Applying the Sacred Algonquin Teachings of the Healing Circle & Wellness Wheel, Annie Smith St-Georges, Algonquin Elder
- Not-for-Profit Finance for the Non-Finance Manager: Bootcamp Edition, Betty Ferreira, Restructure Consulting
- Deconstructing Clients’ Career Anxiety by Creating Positive Narratives & Co-Constructed Plans, Sonny Wong, Career Counsellor, Designated Professional Counsellor, Ryerson University
- Employability as a Strategy for Seeking Meaningful Employment, Jeff Landine, University of New Brunswick
- Transforming Leadership Skills and HR Strategies that Increase Employee Engagement and Get Results!, Ken Keis, Consulting Resource Group
- Strategic Résumés for Challenging Clients – Real-World Résumé Strategy! Sharon Graham & Wayne Pagani, Career Professionals of Canda
- Empowering the Employment Sector to Serve Youth with Mental Health Issues, Marysia Parry, Youth Employment Services Toronto
The cost of a half-day workshop is $165 and full-day is $295. Or bundle a morning and afternoon workshop for the full-day price. Seats are limited, so register early!
Are you a member of a supporting organization?
Each year, supporting organizations across Canada and beyond join us to encourage their members to be part of the vibrant career development conversation at Cannexus. Members of supporting organizations receive 10% off the Super Saver rate so check to see if your network is part of our growing list.
Interested in presenting at Cannexus18? Call for Presenters closes Friday, June 9
Share new ideas or highlight notable projects. Contribute to cross-sectoral dialogue. Increase the visibility of career development. Gain recognition as a leader in the field. These are but a few reasons to submit a proposal for Cannexus18. View the Call for Presenters page to review the Guidelines and Terms.
Need a room? Check out these special rates exclusively for Cannexus18 delegates
CERIC has secured special conference rates at three hotels near the Shaw Centre in Ottawa where Cannexus takes place: The Westin, Novotel and Les Suites provide limited discount pricing, subject to availability, starting at $170/night. Delegates must book their room(s) as early as possible in order to guarantee the best rate.
Also, please note that due to another event, demand at the Westin will be greater than usual, so it is advisable to book now to secure a spot if this is your hotel of choice.
Thinking of sponsoring or exhibiting? Showcase your products, programs and services at Cannexus18!
Promote your organization while supporting career development in Canada. Our new Cannexus18 Opportunities Package presents opportunities to suit every budget. Past sponsors and exhibitors include government and corporate employers, training organizations, industry associations, resource publishers, assessment tool developers, software providers and more!
Note: Exhibitor registration is now open – book your booth by September 6, 2017 to save $350!
“Valued the opportunity to broaden my connections with other career professionals in a welcoming environment and through sessions that were thoughtful, grounded and informed.”
Bursaries for community-based counsellors to attend Cannexus
Each year, a select number of community-based counsellors across Canada are assisted in attending Cannexus. The bursaries established by The Counselling Foundation of Canada, in honour of former Executive Director Elizabeth McTavish, are generously being made available once again. This year six bursaries are being offered, each consisting of a full 3-day registration for Cannexus plus an increased stipend of $500 for expenses. Application deadline is September 29, 2017.
Plus! Check out the latest issue of Canadian School Counsellor magazine, our Cannexus18 Media Partner. This great online resource is available for FREE to Canadian career counselling professionals!