A record number of Cannexus attendees The Cannexus National Career Development Conference brought more than…
CERIC presents Cannexus — a bilingual National Career Development Conference designed to promote the exchange of information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development.
The Cannexus conference was first held in 2007 and continues to expand in scope and impact. The conference offers delegates robust programming and relevant professional development opportunities at competitive rates. Networking opportunities abound!
Be part of Canada’s largest conference for career counsellors, career development professionals and the career services sector! Cannexus is growing — more than 1,000 participants registered this past year from across Canada and internationally — and will take place at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa.
An Outstanding Program
Conference delegates can listen to world-class keynotes and choose from 150+ education sessions. Topics include:
- Effective counselling & facilitation techniques
- Labour market information
- Career assessment tools
- Post-secondary & graduate employment
- Talent management & leadership development
- Social media in job search
- Working with diverse populations (newcomers, youth-at-risk, Indigenous)
Cannexus provides delegates the opportunity to participate in both of Canada’s national languages and simultaneous interpretation is available for all keynote addresses. Approximately one third of the sessions are delivered in French or with simultaneous interpretation.
The conference also features an Exhibitor Showcase. This showcase gives delegates a prime opportunity to discover many products and services for all areas of the career development field.
By participating in Cannexus, conference delegates will benefit by enhancing professional development, organizational productivity and client service effectiveness.
Who Should Attend
- Career Development Practitioners
- Employment Advisors
- Career & Guidance Counsellors
- Career & Life Coaches
- Career Educators, Trainers & Facilitators
- Vocational Educators & Trainers
- Job Developers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
- Executive Directors, Managers & Co-ordinators
- Human Resource Professionals
- Workforce Planners
- Academics & Students
- Mental Health, Social Services & Immigrant Services Workers
Cannexus is supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada with a broad network of supporting organizations.