CERIC invites individuals or organizations with an interest in presenting at Cannexus19 to submit a brief outline for consideration using the Proposal Form and encourages them to inform colleagues or students of this opportunity.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 8, 2018
Presenting at Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference, provides you with an unmatched opportunity to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development. You will gain recognition as an expert and leader in the field at the conference and beyond. We expect over 1,000 participants from across Canada and internationally.
Cannexus presenters are researchers and practitioners from universities, schools, community agencies, governments, private practices and corporations. They are professionals in career development and related fields who are forward-thinkers with fresh and impactful ideas and projects to share.
Types of sessions
Presentations are 30, 50 or 75 minutes in length. The 30-minute presentations are part of a new Carousel offering. Carousel sessions are a great way to share knowledge in a less formal setting. Presenters speak for 30 minutes at a roundtable then delegates rotate to another table of their choice. So, presenters deliver their presentation twice back-to-back during the Carousel.
Areas of interest
CERIC has identified areas of interest to assist presenters in targeting the content of their sessions. These are examples only; your ideas and suggestions are welcome.
- Effective Career Counselling/Coaching Techniques
- New Technology/Tools/Trends
- Current Research, Theory & Methodology
- Self-Care for Career Professionals
- Employment/Training Programs (Community, Government, Industry)
- Entrepreneurship & Self-Employment
- Indigenous Career Development
- Marginalized Client Populations
- Career Education K-12/Post-Secondary
- Employee Recruitment & Engagement
- Workforce Planning & Development
- Career Development for Mature Workers
- Leadership & Management Skills for Career/Employment Centre Directors
“As a practitioner for over 20 years, everytime I attend Cannexus I learn new and relevant tools, theories, and techniques that help me better the service I provide to my clients/students and feel rejuvenated!”