CERIC – Canadian Education and Research Institute for Counselling invites individuals or organizations with an interest in presenting at Cannexus18 to submit a brief outline for consideration using the Proposal Form and encourages them to inform colleagues or students of this opportunity.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017
Presenting at Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual National Career Development Conference, provides you with an unmatched opportunity to exchange information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development. You will gain recognition as an expert and leader in the field at the conference and beyond. We expect 1,000 participants from across Canada and internationally.
Cannexus presenters are researchers and practitioners from universities, schools, community agencies, governments, private practices and corporations. They are professionals in career development and related fields who are forward-thinkers with fresh and impactful ideas and projects to share.
Areas of interest
CERIC has identified areas of interest to assist presenters in targeting the content of their sessions. These are examples only; your ideas and suggestions are welcome.
- Effective Career Counselling/Coaching Techniques
- New Technology/Tools/Trends
- Current Research, Theory & Methodology
- Self-Care for Career Professionals
- Employment/Training Programs (Community, Government, Industry)
- Entrepreneurship & Self-Employment
- Aboriginal Career Development
- Marginalized Client Populations
- Career Education K-12/Post-Secondary
- Employee Recruitment & Engagement
- Workforce Planning & Development
- Career Development for Mature Workers
“Thank you for the opportunity to present at the Cannexus conference. I think you really put on a great event and I heard nothing but positive remarks from delegates.”
– Norman E. Amundson, Professor, Counselling Psychology, University of British Columbia
“Workshops provided useful relevant information and learning that was easy to bring back to our organization and apply to our work.”
– Karen Gilmore, Executive Director, Solutions Learning Centre, NS
“I appreciated the wide variety of topics for the sessions and the opportunity to choose the sessions that fit best with my interests. There was a perfect mix of sessions that offered information on our field, theory and practical techniques.”
– Joanne Leith, Employment Consultant, Loyalist College, ON
- April 30, 2017: Sponsorship, Advertising & Exhibitor Package available
- May 24, 2017: Delegate Super Saver Registration opens
- June 9, 2017: Call for Presenters deadline