A getaway to start the New Year!
Anyone who registers for Cannexus by December 31 will be automatically entered in a draw for a chance to win a free return ticket anywhere Porter Airlines flies! Valid throughout 2017, use it to fly south to sunny Orlando, to the bright lights of New York City or to Ottawa for Cannexus!
CERIC to debut new resources, research at Cannexus
The Cannexus17 conference will feature the launch of several CERIC-funded projects, including:
- Retain and Gain: Career Management for Small Business Playbook authored by Lisa Taylor of Challenge Factory with support from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Knowledge Champions
- Redirection: Movers, Shakers and Shifters documentary film by Dr Suzanne Cook of York University, looking at work and later life career development
- Insight into Canadian Post-Secondary Career Service Models research findings with Dr Peter Dietsche and Jim Lees of PSE Information Systems
Other recent and forthcoming CERIC projects will also be showcased, including Navigating Maternity Leave Career Transitions, Hope-Centred Career Interventions and Understanding Young Children’s Career Development.
Introducing our Cannexus17 zones!
Themed “zones” return as part of our Exhibitor Showcase and bring focus to a particular sector or initiative, allowing a cost-effective way for organizations to share their work. This year’s zones are:
- Reconciliation Zone, sponsored by Laidlaw Foundation
- Diversity Engagement Zone, sponsored by CEDEC
- Workforce Development Zone, sponsored by Toronto Sector Skills Academy
- Social Enterprise Career Marketplace, sponsored Anonymously in collaboration with the Centre for Innovative Social Enterprise Development (CISED)
Note the Marketplace consists of vendors selling wares from their social enterprises, so plan to do some shopping that supports skills development!
Cannexus17 app is now available!
The Cannexus17 conference mobile app is here and can be downloaded on Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Apple). With the app, you can:
- View the profiles of other attendees and network
- Build a personalized schedule of sessions to attend
- Join the conversation about Cannexus & much more
Prizes will once again be awarded to the Top 10 app users!
“All the presenters I saw were amazing… very informative and inspiring. I was so inspired by the conference and we are still talking about what we learned in my office!”
– Robin Beasley, Employment Advisor, Carleton University, ON
Volunteers still needed for Cannexus
A few enthusiastic bilingual volunteers are still needed to work with our team at Cannexus (you need not be available every day). Expand your career knowledge, meet hundreds of career professionals and enhance your event co-ordination skills!
What your grad student colleagues are working on
Graduate students in career development will have the opportunity to profile their research at Cannexus. Students from universities across Canada will present posters of their work on career practice for clients with cystic fribosis, how recent university graduates are finding work, job crafting and more.